My first 2018 favourites | January favourites

January has been a month where I've been loving quite a lot of things, but I decided not to mention all of them otherwise I would be rambling for days. There are some beauty products I've been loving and so many of my favourite singers have released music in January, so there's quite a lot of that. 


Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo WONDERball Waveball Curlers: A hair tool I've been loving in January is the Lee Stafford WONDERball curlers. This is my first Lee Stafford product and I'm highly impressed. I've been wanting some curlers for the longest time as I've never owned my own and I've always used my mums. These curlers curl my hair so quickly, easy and well. You can create loose and tight curls using the different wave ball's. I do want to write a separate blogpost on these soon, so I'm not going to talk too much about them.


Ardell Double Up Demi Wispies: I tried some new lashes recently and I love them. I really got into false lashes last year and Ardell was a brand that I'd wanted to try more of. I got the Double Up Demi Wispies and I absolutely love how these look. They're a little more 'out there' and dramatic than the ones I already own, but I love creating looks with them. They have a bigger and thicker band, which I am struggling a little to apply with, but after more practice I'm sure it'll be ok. My other false lashes all have thin bands, so it's a little different.


Tanya Burr Lucky Penny Lip Balm: A lip balm I've been loving is this Tanya Burr Lucky Penny Lip Balm. I got this for Christmas and I've been using this so much throughout January as I always need lip balm. It has a pink tint to it and looks nice when I'm wearing makeup. It feels moisturising and I love the packaging, it's so cute! 


Zoella Beauty products: During January, I've been loving some Zoella Beauty products. The first thing is the Zoella Wonder Hand Cream. I used to love this hand cream when I last had it and I've been using this loads throughout January. It makes my hands soft and works wonders (which funnily enough, is why it's called the Wonder Hand Cream). I've been using the Zoella Body Cream so much. It feels moisturising on my skin and smells incredible. I've been loving having bubble baths with the Zoella Merry And Bright Bubble Bath. It smells lovely and is so relaxing! The Fizz Bar is so interesting to me because I'd never used one until now. It has a lovely scent and I love using it when I have a relaxing bubble bath.


Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette: This highlighting palette has become one of my favourite products. I love all four shades and they're all so beautiful. This palette contains a cream, a powder and two baked powders. They're all so pigmented and long lasting. Also, the packaging is so pretty. I recently uploaded a blogpost on this here


YouTube channels: Towards the end of December/beginning of January, I started watching three YouTube channels that I already knew about. This Is L&S was the first one I started watching. Landon and Shyla have a joint YouTube channel and I actually found their channel through The ACE Family because Landon is Austin's brother. This Is L&S create interesting videos and do things like challenges, pranks and vlogs.

Another YouTuber I started watching is Randy Mancuso. His videos are so funny and also different to anything else I watch. The other channel is Awkward Puppets which Rudy created. I watched a couple of videos about a year ago, but recently started watching more. Diego is my favourite and I love the interviews he does. Some of the videos on Awkward Puppets channel are hilarious. My favourite ones are when Diego visits places and interviews people.


Music: I have quite a few music favourites from December and January. Since I didn't do a December favourites and didn't add any of my December favourites into my 2017 favourites, I thought I'd add the music into this one.

  • Bruno Mars ft Cardi B - Finesse (remix) 
  • Troye Sivan - My My My! & The Good Side | I'm so happy Troye is releasing music again.
  • Enrique Iglesias ft Bad Bunny - El Baño | I've had this song on repeat, it's so good.
  • Daddy Yankee - Dura | This is my favourite song at the moment.
  • Camila Cabello's album - Camila | I had been so excited for Camila's new album and I'm so happy it's out. It's amazing. 
  • Drake - God's Plan & Diplomatic Immunity | You have no idea how excited I was when I woke up to find that Drake had released not just one, but two songs!
  • Alex Aiono - Thinking About You
  • Rudy Mancuso & Poo Bear - Black & White | This song came out a few months ago but I only discovered it this month. I had no idea Poo Bear could sing, I just thought he was a songwriter, but he has an amazing voice. I love this song.
  • Travis Scott & Quavo's album - Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho | Travis and Quavo are two of my favourites, so you can imagine how excited I was when I heard they were releasing an album in December. I love it.
  • Rak-Su ft Wyclef Jean & Naughty Boy - Dímelo | Continuing my Spanglish song addiction, this has become one of my favourites. I haven't watched The X Factor in yearssss, but when it was on, I heard nothing but good things on Twitter about Rak-Su. This song is so catchy.
  • J Balvin, Jeon & Anitta - Machika 
  • Dua Lipa - IDGAF 
  • Anitta & J Balvin - Downtown 

2018 diary: Something I've been loving this month is my 2018 diary. I had this for a few months, but started using it as soon as 2018 started (I mean duh, it is a 2018 diary...). It's made me much more organised. I had a 2017 diary but by September my organisation had dropped. I'm not hugely positive person, so everyday I write something in it that's positive and so far I'm doing well. I just like having yearly diaries to write what I need to do/upload, appointments and other things. This is also useful because it also has a 'to do list' section, a 'notes' section, an address section and a little folder. I find all of these so helpful to have. This is also a good size and I can put it in most of my bags.

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. These things sound so good. I love the packaging of the lip balm.
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try Tanya Burr's and Zoella's ranges because I've been a fan for years and years but I'm dubious that they wouldn't be that good - the sort of put a name to a product vibe celebrities go for. But it sounds like they're worth a shot!!

    I just found your blog and I absolutely love it, your photography is really clean :)
    xx Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but all of their products I've tried have been very good and I definitely recommend them. I've tried more of Zoe's range than Tanya's, but they're both great. thank you so much, thats made my day:)

      Delete
  3. Great post lovely, I love reading favourites posts it's a great way to discover new products, the Zoella products sound lovely, I haven't ever tried anything from the line but really must do xxx

      Zoë - MammafulZo 💕 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I agree! Zoella Beauty is a great brand and the products are lovely. I definitely recommend them!xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts